Here at Whaty we care about your privacy and we respect your privacy rights.
1.1 Our website www.Whaty.ie, all the web pages containing that address ("Whaty.ie") and the services provided on Whaty.ie are operated by Mouseclick ("we", "us" and "our"). Whaty.ie allows users to search advertisements posted on Whaty.ie for Wheels, Tyres, Rims and Accessories for Sale. Whaty.ie also allows users, both private sellers and professional trade advertisers to register with Whaty.ie ("Advertisers"), and to place advertisements for the sale of wheels tyres and rims
1.2 This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in them, set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. 2 HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ON WHATY.IE
2.1 You can browse Whaty.ie without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
2.2 When registering as an Advertiser, responding to an advertisement via Whaty.ie or during your time as an Advertiser or user of Whaty.ie you may be asked to provide information to us. We will inform you at the time of collecting information from you whether you must provide the information to use Whaty.ie or a particular Whaty.ie service, or whether the provision of information requested by us is optional. By agreeing to this Policy you agree that we have informed you at the time of collecting information from you whether the information that you may provide to us will be accessible to other users of Whaty.ie, other Advertisers or by third parties so that you are in a position to take an informed decision on whether to provide the information to us.
2.3 We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. 2.3.1 if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
2. 2.3.2 information that you submit in response to an advertisement or when communicating with an Advertiser;
3. 2.3.3 in order to register as an Advertiser, we will require you to supply your name, email address, and postal address;
4. 2.3.4 in order to ensure the information supplied to us is held securely we may occasionally request proof of identity before allowing access to your personal information;
5. 2.3.5 if you place an advertisement on Whaty.ie, we will require vehicle registration details, a telephone number, (either a landline or a mobile number) and an email address;
6. 2.3.6 if you place an advertisement on Whaty.ie, we retain information regarding the value of the order placed within the data log and on the advert placement record. Please see clause 6 below regarding the information that you submit to payment providers in connection with your advertisement on Whaty.ie;
7. 2.3.7 payment details (Whaty.ie retains no record of this information once payment has been completed);
8. 2.3.8 calls that you make may be recorded by us from time to time; and
9. 2.3.9 details of advertisements and enquiries you submit through Whaty.ie, our inbound SMS service or any other means.
3. 3 USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
3.1 Advertisers partake in Whaty.ie by placing advertisements for Wheels, Tyres, Rims and Accessories for Sale. Advertisers are able to manage, change, and remove the advertisements submitted to Whaty.ie Service through 'My Adverts'. Advertisers need personal login details to access 'My Adverts', which will have been supplied to them on completion of registration with Whaty.ie.
3.2 Advertisements contain information relating to Vehicles, Parts and Accessories and also limited personal information about Advertisers which Advertisers provide to us. You agree that if you place an advertisement on Whaty.ie then we can provide potential buyers with the telephone number that you provide to us via Whaty.ie. You acknowledge and agree that you may be contacted using that number by Whaty.ie users.
3.3 We require Whaty.ie users responding to Advertisements via Whaty.ie to provide their name, email address, comments addressed to the Advertiser and (optionally) a telephone number to us. Then we email the Advertiser on their behalf, and give the Advertiser this information. Advertisers agree that they will only use the information that we provide to them from Whaty.ie users for the purposes of dealing with their Advertisement, unless the Whaty.ie user separately agrees with the Advertiser.
3.4 Separately, Whaty.ie users can contact the Advertiser directly via an "email the seller" button on Whaty.ie which allows the Whaty.ie user to send the Advertiser a message via Whaty.ie directly. You agree to only contact an Advertiser using Whaty.ie or using information that we give to you for the purposes of dealing with the Advertiser's Advertisement, unless the Whaty.ie user separately agrees with the Advertiser
3.5 We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. 3.5.1 to develop relevant content from Whaty.ie and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
2. 3.5.2 to provide you with information (such as information on offers and competitions), products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you including information (such as information on offers and competitions) from us, Trader Media Group Limited and our selected partners , and to notify you about changes to our service, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
3. 3.5.3 to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
4. 3.5.4 to deliver and maintain a high quality service;
5. 3.5.5 to assist you if you are experiencing a problem with Whaty.ie;
6. 3.5.6 to allow you to access Whaty.ie and to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
7. 3.5.7 to conduct market research by telephone as part of a survey of our services, you will be able to choose whether or not you want to take part in surveys; and
8. 3.5.8 for the purposes of compiling statistics.